Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Trip to Baton Rouge, LA

THREE MONTHS - THREE STATES!



This week I went on my first road trip. My parents and I went to Louisiana. It sure was green there! Daddy said it reminded him of Forest Gump's house.


First we drove to Lake Charles and stayed in a hotel. I was pretty good but I missed my swing. Mommy said I looked like a real tourist in my hat.


This is me and mom standing at the beach of Lake Charles. There were some big kids swimming in the water... but I don't know how to swim yet.


From there we drove to Baton Rouge. We drove past a big swamp and there was a really really long bridge we had to drive over.


When we finally got there it was raining but we saw the Mississippi River. This is us driving over the bridge. The tall building in the background is the State Capitol Bldg of Louisianna.


Here is me and dad standing by the Mississippi River. Dad said it took him 29 yrs to see the Mississippi and it only took me 3 months.


I also got to see an old fashion fire truck. I am wearing my fireman hat.


beavers and ducks... BEAVERS AND DUCKS!


We took this picture for uncle Nathan.


My mom and dad had real Cajun Cookin' (Fried Catfish and Okra)

3 comments:

Amber H. said...

Stacy! Wendy sent me the link to your blog...hope you don't mind if I post a few comments on here! It is so fun to see you and your family. Congrats on the baby, he is SO cute!!! You, of course, look amazing for having a baby so small. You are just so cute as always! It's fun to see all your pics and see how you are doing! I just started a blog a few weeks ago. If you want to check us out it's threewishesinc.blogspot.com Glad to see you are all doing great!

Amber

Mauzy Musings said...

Thanks for the Coke picture!!

Mary Ann said...

Parker is so cute. Looks like you have been busy. How fun to go on so many trips! Your family looks great!