Friday, October 30, 2009

Cozzmo


Cozzmo
1996-2009

It was a sad day for us on October 28, 2009. Cozzmo has been with us since 1996 and he is seriously the best Dog ever. He got real sick for a few days and would not get up. He would not drink or eat. He would lift his head up and open his eyes to look at me but that was it. I wanted him to go in his sleep but his is a trooper and did not go in his sleep. I cried on what to do. I did not what him to be in pain or suffer. We had to put him down on the 28th. I prepared myself for the day he would pass away and I knew I would be sad but I did not know how truly hard it would be. I love his so much. 13 years is a long time! When he passed he had my, Trae, and my moms hands all petting him. He was burried under his favorite tree. We love you cozzmo. We will miss you.

Cozzmo loved his walks. He would freak out and start barking
if I picked up the leashor had the stroller. I would have to run
to and from my car and try to sneak because if he say me he
would go into his big barking fit because he wanted to go on a
walk. He took walks almost up to the end. About June this year
he was not able to go any more.

Cozzmo was so easy going he did not need a leash
I am not talking about when he was a puppy. He was
crazy! Especially if he saw a cat! Parker loved to hold the
leash on our walks and Cozzmo was so patient.
I wish I had a more recent one of parking walking
Cozzmo.

Sweet Cozzmo. He would let Parker crawl all over him
and he let Parker feed him dry dog food one piece
at a time. He was always patient and if he did not like parking
riding him like a horse he would look at me like help or just move.
Never being mean. We will miss you.

Cozzmo had two best friends. Bandit who passed
many years ago and Fred. Fred moved to Texas
This last Summer so I am not sure if it was because
Fred was gone or poor eye sight but in his last few
months he became friends with a stray cat.
If you knew him at all it is quite funny. Well in the
end Cozzmo decided he would rather hand out with Bandit.

6 comments:

Katie and Levi said...

I'm still in denial!!! How could our cozzmo not be in Moms yard? I have a feeling I will cry when I see the empty yard and his old toys. Before I left I hugged him and he looked right in my eyes and I told him to hold on until I got back. I really thought he would. I am glad I did say goodbye to him. I would of hated myself if I left without having our last moments together. Levi never admitted that he was my dog too...but I took care of him when you didn't live in thatcher. He enjoyed our night walks in the summer, Thanksgiving left overs, and every night leftovers. I still haven't told Fred that his best friend is gone...I just don't have the heart. I have one really good pic of Fred and Cozzmo. I will find it and email it to you. I truely believe Fred made Cozzmo live as long as he did. For that I love Fred so much! Cozzmo was the best dog!!! I will miss him. Love you!
See you soon

Amber H. said...

Stacy,

My heart aches for you guys. I still remember when you got him! He really was the sweetest dog ever, and I know how much you guys must be hurting right now. Big hugs to you and your family. He was a great dog!

D said...

My kids were so sad. They found great relief in knowing that Cozzmo is in heaven playing with Zeus. They were so happy Zeus has a friend to play with now. This was not a good year for dogs! :( Hope you are doing ok. They both had a great life and were loved! What more could you ask for!? See you soon!

Julia Callahan said...

yay!! I found you and figured out where to post a comment!
This is Sister Muir! I have searched for you for years!!
I'm on facebook and am in charge of the OTM Mission (who served under Quade P. Hansen) you can join the group and get in contact with missionaries who served there. My email is thecallahanfam@hotmail.com, and my blog is www.thecallahanfam.blogspot.com
Let me know how you're doing! Cute kids!

Tennessee Hawks said...

I believe the kids now-a-days would say OMG. I'm not even a kid, and all I can think is OMG. Really, it's about all I can say. Stacy lives. I'm so glad to see that life is treating you right! Just an old friend from the OTM days, Elder D.V. Hawks, :) checking in! You certainly need to email me someday! doughawks@gmail.com. Wow, Stacy lives. O.M.G. :)

The Hermyzoo! said...

Stac, what a sad story. I am so sorry your Cozzmo is gone. I have had dogs that are like the part of your family, it's so hard to see them go!!!